Thursday 10 January 2013

"Why's my conservatory roof leaking."

http://www.nice-n-white.co.uk

 "Leaking conservatory Roof's are very common ."

Now I see a lot of conservatories in my travels,quite a few have signs of rubbish repairs ,silicone sealant all over the place and the home owners tell me the company who initially fitted the conservatory have made the repairs,this is the quick and easy option rather than remove the panels make sure they are well sealed can't move and replace,(should be done in the first place).

Now to me and some others a lot of this seems very obvious,then I'm looking at them most days and to many others it's just not their area. Now for me computers not my area I don't even know how to copy and paste , my mates 8 year old helps me .

There are many different styles of conservatories these days,new conservatories tend to have a  kind of lock off clip to prevent the panels from slipping down, many conservatories are prone to leaking problems especially if you have a pitched roof,(like your homes roof on an angle),in a lot of cases over time the glass or plastic panels will slip down due to weather,wind and gravity causing them to lose there water tight seal allowing water in , this will be the cause of leaks in most cases ,some installation teams might also be in a bit of a rush , rushing a job as everyone knows costs quality in the end .

Then you get some styles of conservatory who's gutters are not fixed on with brackets like your house easy to see(no brackets),if your conservatory gutters get blocked this will allow water levels in the gutters to get too high and in some cases allow water in between two of your roof panels if not properly fitted or seals start to perish (break down).

Conservatory gutters are very easily cleaned out and missing or broken end caps are usually a good sign that your panels have slipped or moved,you can also usually see a panel that's moved it wont be in line with the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment